With a Good (B++) financial strength rating from A.M Best Co., and an international quality rating of ISO 9001:2008 from BSI, National Life & General has been providing financial security and peace of mind to its satisfied customers with a comprehensive range of Life & General Insurance Products.
A.M Best's Financial Strength Rating is an independent opinion of an insurer's financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations. The rating is based on a comprehensive quantitative and qualitative evaluation of a company's balance sheet strength, operating performance and business profile.
B++ Good Rating is assigned to companies that have, in A.M Best's opinion, a good ability to meet their ongoing insurance obligations.
Its ability to focus on local needs and deliver solutions appropriate to this need has today made NLG the Sultanate's market leader in the Life Insurance Industry and is also setting its standards in General Insurance Industry.
Our Core Strength
- We are the only company that has well established, trained staff strength of more than 130 members dedicated Insurance business.
Our experience has given us expertise, which is reflected in the quality of the service we provide to our customers. It is this commitment that has given us a leadership status in the market place today.
Experts in their own fields manage different departments required to
run the Life & General Insurance business efficiently.
- NLG is a market leader in its field of specialization. Products have been intensively researched to provide customers with life & Non-life assurance policies that cater to their needs.
- Today "NLG" is a well recognized brand in Oman and provides insurance protection to nearly two hundred thousand individuals.
- With its wide customer base and strong standing in the market, the name - National Life & General has become synonymous with Insurance.
- Our satisfied customers have further promoted our presence in the market.
A solid investment base of Eleven Million Omani Riyals, gives stability to the company and assurance to the market in general
- Our market share in the Life Insurance Industry in Oman is 65% and we command a near leadership status in Group Credit Life line of business.
We are al setting similar standards in the General Insurance Industry.
- We are having a strong strategic Bancassurance partnership with Bank Muscat SAOG, a market leader in the Banking Industry.
- Our market leadership in the Sultanate has generated an overwhelming response from other players in the GCC region for tie-ups, associations and partnerships.
- We have already established our branch operations in Dubai, catering to the life insurance market of UAE.
- We have plans to expand to other GCC countries to offer our expertise and experience to the entire Gulf region and become a major player there too.
National Life & General Insurance Company SAOC (NLG) is a subsidiary (97.93%) of Oman National Investment Corporation Holding SAOG. The residual shares are held by Bank Muscat SAOG (2.06%) and others.
NLG is registered with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI), Oman, as a Closely held Joint Stock Company as per The Commercial Companies Law 1974. Further NLG is licensed to do Life and General Insurance business under The Insurance Companies Law.